“I, My, Me, Mine” – Learn Korean Pronouns (KWOW #49)

Professor Oh May 16, 2012 19

In our latest KWOW episode, we learned some omnipresent Korean words: I, my, me, and mine. Watch the video below if you haven’t already:

For more pronouns, read our blog on Korean Pronouns. (coming soon!)

Ready or not, it’s time for our weekly KWOW exercises. Test out your new skills by seeing if you can spot this episode’s vocabulary! Answers are located at end of this blog entry.

Question #1: How many I, my, me, and mine’s do you hear in Se7en’s “When I Can’t Sing”?

***

Question #2: Where does the third MINE (naegguh/내꺼) appear in Infinite’s “Be Mine”?

***

Question #3: Are you ready for a challenge? How many Korean AND English variations of I, my, me, and mine’s can you spot in 4Minute’s “I, My, Me, Mine”?

***

GRAND FINALE QUESTION #4:
How many MY’s (NAE/내) can you find in Miss A’s “Touch”?

*****
Answer #1: Four times. Let’s find them together, shall we?
1. (0:12) 내가 모든걸 잃어도 — Even if I lose everything
2. (0:16) 내 인기가 떨어져도 — Even if my popularity drops
3. (0:26) 나라는 이유만으로 — For the sole reason of me
4. (0:29) 날 계속 사랑해 줄 수 있니 –Do you think you can continue to love me?

Answer #2: The third MINE (naegguh/내꺼) is sung at 2:04.

Answer #3: Whew! Granny Kim says she found 120 Korean and English versions of I, my, me, and mine. How many did you catch?

Answer #4: Write your answer in the comment section below with a fun question to Professor Oh. First *three* people to get the correct answer get a reply from this week’s KWOW host! No question, no reply. Try your best and good luck :)

1. Perico Palotii February 12, 2014 at 12:22 pm - Reply

Professor Oh, do you share your documents(i mean like an outline w/ the examples) on your tutorials?, somewhat like a lesson plan for a particular episode like KWOW #49 ?

2. ricebunny89 May 18, 2012 at 9:45 pm - Reply

11 times i found my in the video (: and my question is What do youu like to do in your free time?(:

3. carol-ann messier (@carolannmessier) May 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm - Reply

10 times for the 50 episode are you going to the karaoke with Billy Jin and are you going to do your nails after and maybe eat a cake after ?

4. mk! May 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm - Reply

15! thanks for the answers the last few weeks :D
    Q: whats your biggest fear(s), such as heights, spiders, etc…?

• sweetandtastytv May 23, 2012 at 11:33 am - Reply

Good job, MK!!
      There were thirteen 내’s, one 내게, and one 내가. So fifteen all together. My biggest fear is living far away from baby coconuts. They are my source of happiness. If you close your eyes and drink them while listening to ocean sound effects, you almost feel like you’re on a tropical vacation :)

Cheers to learning!
      Professor Oh

5. JimK May 16, 2012 at 11:36 pm - Reply

15—To Ms Oh.whats your favorite food other than korean food…

• sweetandtastytv May 23, 2012 at 11:20 am - Reply

Good job, JimK!
      There were thirteen 내’s, one 내게, and one 내가. So fifteen all together. I enjoy all types of cuisine. I love panang curry, chicken tikka masala, sushi, momo dumplings, pho, escargot, and many more! Your question made me very hungry. Haha. I just ate lunch, but grew another stomach.

Cheers to learning!
      Professor Oh

6. JimK May 16, 2012 at 11:34 pm - Reply

15. I am the best?

7. Peter May 16, 2012 at 5:29 pm - Reply

Professor, It’s nice to see the evolution of your episodes and the characters. Granny Kim and Billy have slowed down there speaking cadence in later episodes and I think it differentiates them from the other characters now.
    Keep up the good work, your development and creativity reflect more in each episode.
    Big 50 up next week, Woot Woot!!
    TY

• Peter May 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm - Reply

oops, “their”

8. Mariana Rosas May 16, 2012 at 3:48 pm - Reply

15!! ummm Is ther anything that professor Oh likes the most about teaching korean??

• sweetandtastytv May 23, 2012 at 11:15 am - Reply

Good job, Mariana!
      There were thirteen 내’s, one 내게, and one 내가. So fifteen all together. What do I like most about teaching? I am the most happiest when people are learning :) When it comes to making an episode of KWOW, I enjoy writing the script and acting with my crew.

Cheers to learning!
      Professor Oh

9. Mike and Akasha May 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm - Reply

I’m so excited for your 50th episode! What will you do?

10. Ashley (애슈리) May 16, 2012 at 11:40 am - Reply

I heard 내 10 times!
    Question: Is my reasoning correct with this? Normally, someone would think the formal equivalent of 나의 is 저의. Is it 저희 to make pronunciation flow more easily?

감사합니다!

11. Jessica May 16, 2012 at 10:30 am - Reply

:P

12. Ryan (64Packets) May 16, 2012 at 8:30 am - Reply

10 times, (i think!)

what made you decide to teach people korean on youtube? (for which i am greatful!)

13. Xiao Vee May 16, 2012 at 8:15 am - Reply

16? do you have plan to make grammar videos in the future, Prof. Oh? :)