Poop Cafe in Korea

Professor Oh January 8, 2014 8

My bestie and I get our digestion on at Ddo-Ong Cafe (또옹카페). We called it the Poop Cafe. It’s located on the 4th floor of the Ssamziegil building on Insadong-Gil. Come for a chill conversation with friends or if you need a place to study.

We were hoping the cafe would be super brown and cartoony. To our dismay the interior was pleasant and tame. Fortunately there were old-school squat toilets placed on the wooden floor. That made me feel more excited about life.

poop interior 1

The Poop Cafe used to sell 3D doodoo-shaped bread. But they stopped serving them. There’s a vendor outside that sells 2D poop-shaped bread though. One for 1,000 won. It tastes like booguh-bbang.

poop bread

The cafe sells cute dolls. They are the cross between an animal and a snail with spiraled poop shell. The doll on the right (above) at first appears to be Santa Claus, however flip him upside-down and you’ll see a pig’s butt with round tail.

dolls

The Poop Cafe tree is decorated with plungers.

toilet plunger tree

Chamomile tea and chocolate latte~ Nothing quite like enjoying hotties on a winter day.

drinks

Another interior shot. Looking towards the entrance door.

poop interior 2

More dolls. This one may be ideal for couples.

snails

The sun sets early during the winter. By the time we got out of the cafe it was dark. We head back home before too many troublemakers come out to play. Actually my bestie and I are troublemakers ourselves, but are kind enough to make space for others to have fun ;)

poop cafe exterior

1. Andrew Jonathan Walk January 23, 2014 at 6:22 am - Reply

I thought that the poop shaped bread was really really funny.

2. Andrew Jonathan Walk January 23, 2014 at 6:21 am - Reply

Really I thought that the poop cafe was really really funny!

3. Andrew Jonathan Walk January 17, 2014 at 7:31 am - Reply

I actually think that those shapes are pretty funny.

4. Andrew Jonathan Walk January 17, 2014 at 7:31 am - Reply

I really really think that those poop shaped breads are actually pretty funny.

5. Jose January 9, 2014 at 11:49 am - Reply

6. Gabe Santiago January 8, 2014 at 11:28 pm - Reply

On a serious note, Prof., the “Ddo-Ong” Café looks like a really cool place to hang-out! On a not so serious note (LOL), I can imagine the kind of “trouble-makers” you & Una would be. [example] Change the cafe’s sign from “Ddo-Ong” to “Doo-Doo-Ong” Café, or put “Out-Of Service” signs on all the toilet facilities. Squat-toilets on wooden floors gets you exited?! Kinky; you’re not a hard girl to please! You must be really fun, during a dysentery outbreak.

7. Horace Dumpty January 8, 2014 at 5:28 pm - Reply

that’s like the Hello Kitty Cafe’s obnoxious older brother. :-/

8. heesun January 8, 2014 at 4:39 pm - Reply

wow this place is gorgeous and looks relaxing! i was expecting them to serve stuff in toilet mugs or pudding that looks like diarrhea but this is just way too fancy. I’ll definitely visit this place when i go to korea this fall!